I’ll be writing a quick recap of The Hapalua in a little bit – at the moment I have come down with a cold, and am feeling sorry for myself. I really just wanted to put this up. I’ll probably need to update it too, to add in my splits for the Hapalua. I’m pretty disappointed with how I ran. Well, maybe I’m more disappointed with how I trained – I was definitely under trained, and really need to focus on completing long runs.
Monday, Apr 3rd
– 4 miles, easy progression run. (9:30min/mile)
– ab challenge work out (day 1/5)
– 20 pushups (day 3/31 challenge)
Tuesday, Apr 4th
– 6 x 400m, 400m recovery with 1 mile warm up and cool down
Splits: 8:20, 8:16, 8:14, 8:05, 7:49, 7:47
– ab challenge work out (day2/5)
– 20 push ups (day 4/41 challenge)
Wednesday, Apr 5th
– rest day
– ab challenge (day 3/5)
– 20 pushups (day 5/31)
Thursday, Apr 6th
– 20 pushups (day 6/31)
Friday, Apr 7th
– 2 mile run (8:51min/mile)
– 10 pushups (day 7/31)
– ab challenge (day 4/5)
Saturday, Apr 8th
Overview: I’m happy I completed the race. Definitely could have been better – I’m happy I finished it.
I wanted to run more during the week, but didn’t because I knew I had the Half Marathon at the end, and didn’t want to bump up my mileage too much. I’ll be excited to start training for a 12km race!
Total weekly mileage: 24.1