I’ve decided to add in my splits from my Garmin. I was reading my old blog, and I did it a lot – it’s awesome for me to look back at how I was running. I know I could look on Garmin Connect, but this is so nice and easy. Though, I think I may just do it for specific runs, i.e.. long runs, speedwork, tempo, etc.
Monday, Mar 27th
– 3 miles, easy progression run. (9:30min/mile)
Splits: 9:47, 9:31, 9:09
Tuesday, Mar 28th
– 4 x 800m, with 400m recovery (9:28min/mile)
Splits: 8:12, 8:16, 8:28, 8:22
5 miles total
Wednesday, Mar 29th
– 3 miles, easy pace (9:57min/mile)
Thursday, Mar 30th
I love the fact I can see my surf when I use my Garmin watch!
Friday, Mar 31st
– 4 mile tempo, with 1 mile warm up and cool down (9:22min/mile)
Splits: 9:50, 9:09, 8:59, 9:07, 9:00, 10:08
Saturday, Apr 1st
– 3 miles, easy pace (10:18min/mile)
– 10 push ups (day 1/31 challenge)
Sunday, Apr 2nd
– 10 push ups (day 2/31 challenge)
Overview: It started out well. I just didn’t put in a long run effort. I’m not sure how I feel about this. On one hand I think my mileage might of jumped up too high, and that I have a half marathon next week. It would have been a confidence booster to run 10-12 miles. But it’s ok. I’ve done it before. I know I can run 13.1 next week.
Total weekly mileage: 18 miles