A successful week! I ended up running every day, and since the start of March I’ve run at least 3 miles every day. I’m not sure if I’ll continue with the 3 mile streak, however I will try, but I’ll make sure I listen to my body. If I need a rest day, I’m going to take it.
Monday, Feb 27th
– 1 mile run, easy pace (11:26min/mile)
Tuesday, Feb 28th
– 4 x 800m, , with 400m recovery, 1 mile warm up, 1 mile cool down.
Splits: 8:09, 8:05, 8:06, 8:07.
Wednesday, Mar 1st
– 1.5 mile warm up run, easy pace (10:55min/mile
– BBG abs & arms, week 8
– 1.5 mile cool down run, easy pace (10:32min/mile)
Thursday, Mar 2nd
– 40 minute tempo run – 4.34 miles (9:13min/mile)
Splits: 10:10, 9:06, 8:30, 8:54, 9:49
Friday, Mar 3rd
– 3 miles, easy pace (10:22min/mile)
Ran up the hill that will be in the Hapalua Half Marathon – great practice!
Saturday, Mar 4th
– 3 miles, easy pace (10:10min/mile
Sunday, Mar 5th
– 10.5 miles, long run (10:10min/mile)
Included a hill at mile 5-ish – very steep and difficult, but it was great to work the legs!
Overview: I started the week going back to the basics. I want to try and run nice and slow on my easy days. I figured 1 mile would work well, as I have the time to not rush and it isn’t long enough to think “If I run faster I’ll be done sooner.”
Very happy with this week. I completed intervals, a tempo, and a long run! Success! I may not be as fast as I once was, but maybe I’ll slowly get back to there!
I only completed one BBG workout, but I just didn’t feel like doing any others. It was raining all week, and I have limited space to do the workouts, so it makes it hard (yes, an excuse!) I’ll continue on with week 9 next week and see how I go.
Total weekly mileage: 29.86 miles
How did your week go?